Catholic Review Online: What is God Whispering?

How does the Holy Spirit move in one's life? Well, let's take a scenario. Suppose someone, say a blogger, was watching a beautiful ordination of four priests on EWTN on the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus for several hours and then decided to check out the Catholic Review Online site for the latest column by H.E. Archbishop Edwin O'Brien. There, he finds a post in "Thoughts on Our Church" about...vocations! I'd say that would qualify as a signal!

I close with a challenge from the warm and reassuring words of Pope Benedict XVI to the youth at St. Joseph’s Seminary in New York: “Friends, again I ask you, what about today? What are you seeking? What is God whispering to you? The hope that never disappoints is Jesus Christ.”

The challenge to each of you, especially to parents, is the same one I made to the students and staffs of the schools. I ask you to reflect on what we can do to encourage vocations, to help our young people to hear what God is whispering. I challenge you to speak to those young men and women you think would be good priests and religious and invite them to consider a life of service in the Church. Most, of all, I ask you to pray that God will open further the hearts of our young people to hear and answer his call.
Is God whispering to you?

Comments