TLM Mass at Saint Bartholomew's Church, Manchester: Follow-Up

My faithful correspondent from Carroll County wrote to inform me about the TLM Mass celebrated by Fr. Michael Roach at St. Bartholomew's Parish in Manchester, MD on Pentecost Sunday. Here is part of the email:

The Mass (at St. Bartholomew's on Pentecost) was a wonderful success - the Holy Spirit just wouldn't let us down. Our pastor was expecting between 50-100 people and we had at least 250! Everything went smoothly and the congregation was very excited about what they saw and heard. I felt privileged to sing with the schola and, while we weren't perfect, we were better than any of us had expected! The Holy Spirit again!

Father is talking about having another Traditional Mass ... I was not able to take any pictures but some of my friends did and I am trying to round those up. I can forward them to you if you'd like (please!).

We are very proud of our pastor. He has worked very hard to bring the TLM to us... We have also been encouraging folks to write to Archbishop O'Brien and thank him for his support of the TLM.

I am extremely happy that the Mass was such a success. I will post a few photos if I receive them. Thanks to my colleague for keeping me abreast of the wonderful turnout! And special thanks to the Catholic Review for their coverage of the Mass as well!

Comments