The Magnificat Daily Devotional Now Available in the U.K. and British Isles

Anyone who has read this blog for a time knows that I am a true devotee of The Magnificat, the marvelous abbreviated version of the Liturgy of the Hours. As I've stated, it contains the daily Mass readings, morning and evening prayer, a daily meditation, a mediation on the Saints and truly wonderful thoughts and prayers for the liturgical year. I have seen them everywhere, and they are sold by subscription and in religious bookstores in the U.S. and other countries. I have a link to the international website in the right margin under the word, Magnificat.

I noticed today on The Catholic Herald's website in Britain that the Magnificat has now come to Britain! Here is the link from the front page of the Herald's website where one can download a PDF file.

I urge my British friends to look into this daily devotional. It is not as extensive as the Divine Office and does not substitute for it if one is looking for the official version of the Church's daily reading. However, it is marvelous and truly brings one into the flow of the liturgical year. I hope and pray some day a devotional is available for the Usus Antiquior!


Comments