Visitors ask...Franciscan Monastery in Maryland?

This has appeared several times and the answer is "yes" and "sort of." The "sort of" is the beautiful Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land. I have written about it before and it is located in D.C.

There is a Franciscan Monastery on Folly Quarter Road in Ellicott City, MD. It is called the Companions of Saint Anthony and I have visited there. It is quite beautiful. This lists the Ministries, and there is a great emphasis on Marian Devotion (and especially to the Militia of the Immaculata of St. Maximilian Kolbe) which is decidedly Franciscan as St. Maximilian was a Franciscan Priest. The Chapel is shown here, and the upcoming events are illustrated here.

I am not totally certain of this but a friend told me that Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Saint Theresa meet here. I will have to check on that more thoroughly.


Comments