Morning Roundup - Feria after Epiphany - Die Septima Januarii - Missa 'Ecce Advenit' - January 7th, 2013
- Archdiocese of Washington (Msgr. Charles Pope) >> But why do YOU go to Mass? A Reminder of the critical importance of rendering personal testimony in evangelization.
- Catholic Church Conservation (Christopher Gillibrand) >> Muslim militants target Russian Christmas services
- Catholicseeking (Helen Gonsalves) >> Daily Strength - How close Our Lord is to our lives
- Creative Minority Report >> "Spiritual But Not Religious People" May be Nuts
- Crisis Magazine >> Giotto: Nature Meets the Supernatural (Linus Meldrum)
- Crisis Magazine >> “Same-Sex” Marriage Legislation: What’s at Stake? (Francis Cardinal George, O.M.I.)
- Crisis Magazine >> The Hand of God (Rev. George W. Rutler)
- First Thoughts >> The Music Hidden Within the Words (David Mills)
- Holy Souls Hermitage - Fr. George David Byers >> 20 + C + M + B + 13 at HOLY SOULS HERMITAGE
- Homiletic & Pastoral Review - Articles >> Roman Missal 3.0: Updates Installed (Fr. David M. Friel)
- Insight Scoop | The Ignatius Press Blog (Carl Olson) >> Ex-atheist rips into architects of the Sexual Revolution: "we were wrong, wrong, wrong"
- LES FEMMES - THE TRUTH (Mary Ann Kreitzer) >> Narcissism on the Rise among Students
- New Liturgical Movement >> St. Edmund Campion Missal & Hymnal: Part 1
- Orbis Catholicus Secundus (John Sonnen) >> When Does Christmas Season End?
- SHIRT OF FLAME (Heather King) >> WHAT SEXISM?
- SOUTHERN ORDERS (Fr. Allan J. McDonald) >> INTINCTION, KNEELING FOR HOLY COMMUNION, GOOD AND BAD PRACTICES OF MC'S AND COW LICKS
- Streets Of Gold (Olivia) >> And people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases...and he healed them (Matthew 4:24)
- The Catholic Thing >> Reading in the New Year (Randall Smith)
- The Chant Café >> Music from the Papal Epiphany Mass
- The Foundry >> Morning Bell: The Slow Dismantling of Obamacare
- The Integrated Catholic Life >> Speaking with Christopher West about “Fill These Hearts” (Sarah Reinhard)
- The TOF Spot (Michael Flynn) >> Sometimes the Mask Slips, Just a Little
- Vultus Christi (Dom Mark Daniel Kirby) >> Be Thou a Shepherd to Thy Shepherds
- What Does The Prayer Really Say? (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> QUAERITUR: What is wrong with women being lectors?
- What Does The Prayer Really Say? (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> The next frontier for homosexualists will be the legal age limit
- Word On Fire Blog >> Culture: Rudy vs. Forrest Gump and The Need for Competition
SOAP BOX ALERT!
Mr. Jimmy Akin was posting a marvelous blog entitled "The Liturgical Day." Each day, Mr. Akin blended the calendars of both the Ordinary and Extraordinary Form, gave the Liturgical colors for the day, and described the Saint(s) of the Day and various devotions. Here is a sample for December, 2012:
The Liturgical Day (Jimmy Akin) >> Keep This Marvelous Site ONLINE!
Mr. Akin requested a small amount of support to keep this labor-intensive enterprise online. I find it hard to believe that while we speak about the "New Evangelization," no news outlet has jumped onto his request and agreed to subsidize his daily column which offers so much. Please consider contacting Mr. Akin and help him keep this marvelous website gem online! ~ Deo volente