Traditional Latin Mass Calendar - February 8th to February 14th, 2016 - Ordo for the Week
Season of Septuagesima
- Monday, 8th - St. John of Matha, Confessor, Missa 'Os Iusti Meditabitur', 3rd Class, White [Gloria; Common Preface]
- Tuesday, 9th - St. Cyril of Alexandria, Bishop, Confessor & Doctor, Missa 'In Medio Ecclesiae', 3rd Class, White [Gloria; Common Preface; Commemoration: St. Apollonia, Virgin & Martyr]
Season of Lent I
- Wednesday, 10th - Ash Wednesday (Feria IV Cinerum), Missa 'Misereris Omnium', 1st Class, Violet [Preface of Lent] *Note: Fast & Abstinence
- Thursday, 11th - Thursday after Ash Wednesday, Missa 'Dum Clamarem', 3rd Class, Violet [Preface of Lent; Commemoration: Our Lady of Lourdes]
- Friday, 12th - Friday after Ash Wednesday, Missa 'Audivit Dominus', 3rd Class, Violet [Preface of Lent; Commemoration: Seven Holy Servite Founders; Preces] *Note: Abstinence; also, see below
- Saturday, 13th - Saturday after Ash Wednesday, Missa 'Audivit Dominus', 3rd Class, Violet [Preface of Lent; 1st Vespers of 1st Sunday of Lent]
- Sunday, 14th - First Sunday of Lent (Dominica I in Quadragesima), Missa 'Invocabit Me', 1st Class, Violet [Creed; Preface of Lent; 2nd Vespers of 1st Sunday of Lent]
H/T: Tridentine Latin Rite Missal Project
H/T: Ordo: F.S.S.P.
Note: On each of the Fridays of Lent, a plenary indulgence is granted to the faithful who, after Communion, recite the "Prayer Before a Crucifix"
"Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus while before Thy face I humbly kneel and, with burning soul, pray and beseech Thee to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity; true contrition for my sins; and a firm purpose of amendment; while I contemplate with great love and tender pity Thy five most precious wounds, pondering over them within me while I call to mind the words which David Thy prophet said of Thee, my Jesus: "They have pierced My hands and My feet, they have numbered all My bones." Amen.
Post a Comment