Sunday Mass Edition - 5th Resumed Sunday after Epiphany (EF) Or Thirty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time (OF) - November 11th, 2018
- Atonement Online (Fr. Christopher George Phillips) >> Pope St. Leo and Attila the Hun
- Bangor to Bobbio (Fr. Seán Coyle) >> 'She out of her poverty has put in everything she had.' Sunday Reflections, 32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year B
- Catholic World Report - Blog (Carl E. Olson) >> Widows and Scribes, Substance and Style (Readings: • 1 Kngs 17:10-16 • Ps 146:7, 8-9, 9-10 • Heb 9:24-28 • Mk 12:38-44)
- Catholic World Report - Blog (CNA Daily News) >> Half of countries have fertility rates below replacement level, study finds
- Connecticut Catholic Corner >> Purgatorial Mass
- Cosmos + Sun (Fr. Mark White) >> Non-Persons
- CRUX (Julie Asher) >> Final HHS rule confirms religious exemption to contraceptive mandate
- CRUX (Catholic News Service) >> Archbishop Gomez: ‘Pray hard’ for all affected by Calif. shooting
- CRUX (Claire Giangravè) >> Diocese urges parishes to cuts ties with scandal-ridden lay group
- Dymphna's Road >> The mask slips
- Fr. JohnBosco's Blog (Fr. JohnBosco Ezeonwumelu) >> “GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER (2 Cor 9:7)
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Happy 243rd Birthday USMC!
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> To US Bishops before their @USCCB meeting: Do not be afraid!
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> GERMANY: Catastrophic! USA next? @USCCB bishops meeting and YOU. ACTION ITEM!
- Integrated Catholic Life (Marcellino D'Ambrosio, Ph.D.) >> The Two Widows (Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time)
- Integrated Catholic Life (Deacon Michael Bickerstaff) >> Daily Reflection — Who do you fear?
- Lifezette (Zachary Leeman) >> Veterans Day: Seven Films That Best Celebrate Those Who Serve
- Releasing the Arrow (Fr. Lawrence Lew, O.P.) >> HOMILY for Remembrance Sunday Requiem Mass (United Kingdom)
- The Daily Signal (Troy Worden) >> What Veterans Say About Effort at Supreme Court to Remove Peace Cross War Memorial
- The Sacred Page (John Bergsma) >> Acting on Faith: Readings for 32nd Sunday in OT
- The Stream (Nancy Flory) >> Little Sisters of the Poor’s Interim Religious Exemption Finalized
- The Wanderer Newspaper (Fr. Robert Altier) >> Two Heroic Widows (Thirty-Second Sunday In Ordinary Time YR B)
This has been reported by our colleagues at RORATE CÆLI by Kenneth J. Wolfe . S.K. of St. Alphonsus has graciously added a few details that may be of help.
Extra Mass times
The U.S. Bishops meeting in Baltimore, the Premier See, begins on Monday and we begin that day with daily Masses at 7:00 AM, 12:10 PM, and 7:00 PM. On Tuesday and Wednesday, November 13th & 14th, the evening Masses will be Solemn High Masses as we will have Father Favole, FSSP, visiting from Saint Stephen of Hungary Parish in Allentown, PA (all four days). The Masses will be the Mass for the day (St. Martin I on Monday, St. Frances Xavier Cabrini on Tuesday, St. Josaphat on Wednesday, and St. Albert the Great on Thursday) and the intentions of each Mass (including the 11:00 AM Sunday, November 11th's Solemn High Mass by FSSP District Superior Father Michael Stinson) will be for the U.S. Bishops and enrolled intentions.
You can enroll your intentions online at https://stalphonsusbalt.org/#mass-intentions.
Extra Times for Confession
During these four days, Confessions will be heard after the 7:00 AM Mass and again beginning at 11:30 AM, through the 12:10 PM Mass and afterwards if there are still penitents in line. Evening confession times TBD, especially with all three priests needed in the Solemn High Masses on Tuesday and Wednesday; Confessions might be heard after Mass.