Sunday News Roundup - Eighth Sunday after Pentecost And Feria Or Holy Maccabees, Martyrs Or St. Peter in Chains - July 31st & August 1st, 2022
† Eighth Sunday after Pentecost, Dominica Octava Post Pentecosten, Missa 'Suscépimus Deus' - July 31st, 2022 - Propers
† Feria, Feria secunda infra Hebdomadam VIII post Octavam Pentecostes, Missa 'Suscépimus Deus', Commemoration: Holy Maccabees, Martyrs - August 1st, 2022 - Propers
† Holy Maccabees, Martyrs, Ss. Martyrum Machabæorum, Missa 'Clamavérunt Iusti' - August 1st, 2022 - Propers
† St. Peter in Chains, S. Petri Apostoli Ad Vincula, Missa 'Nunc Scio Vere', Commemorations: St. Paul (under one conclusion, Holy Maccabees, Martyrs - August 1st, 2022 - Propers
† Traditional Latin Mass Calendar With Hyperlinks - July 25th, 2022 to July 31st, 2022 - Propers for the Week | Eighth Sunday after Pentecost
- LITURGICAL, SUNDAY
- OnePeterFive (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Eighth Sunday after Pentecost: We will see the end of all this and Christ will see us through.
- Sermonry >> Eighth Sunday After Pentecost
- The Divine Lamp >> Eighth Sunday After Pentecost: Commentaries on the Mass Readings (Dominica VIII Post Pentecosten)
- Rev. Fr. Leonard Goffine's - The Church's Year: INSTRUCTION ON THE EIGHTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
- Voice of the Family (Peter Newman) >> Sermon on the Eighth Sunday after Pentecost
- Clutching My Rosary >> July 31 Saint Ignatius, Confessor
- †The Ecu-Men† >> July 31 – Saint Ignatius, Confessor
- IN LUMINE FIDEI (Rita Bogna) >> 31 JULY – EIGHTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
- Lives of the Saints >> July 31 Saint Ignatius of Loyola, Founder of the Society of Jesus (1491-1556)
- CatholicSaints.Info: Saints of the Day: 31 July
- Boston Catholic Journal, Roman Martyrology >> July 31st
- LITURGICAL, MONDAY
- Clutching My Rosary >> August 1 Saint Peter’s Chains; the Seven Holy Machabees, Martyrs
- †The Ecu-Men† >> August 1 – Saint Peter’s Chains
- Lives of the Saints >> August 1st Saint Peter's Chains (44 A.D.)
- CatholicSaints.Info: Saints of the Day: 1 August
- Boston Catholic Journal, Roman Martyrology >> August 1st
- BLOGS, NEWS, OPINION AND COMMENTARY
- American Thinker (Blaine L. Pardoe) >> The Woking Dead: A vogue virus and how to stop it
- American Thinker (Elliott Hirsch) >> To know the fate of civilization, check the price of concrete
- American Thinker (Andrea Widburg) >> It’s official: Biden has COVID...again
- A Pilgrim's Journey (Fr. Christopher George Phillips) >> Trinity VII: True Wealth
- A Priest Life (Fr. Kevin Cusick) >> Southern Maryland parish forbidden to offer traditional Latin Mass after investing in quarter million dollar renovation and decoration for the purpose
- Arise! Let Us Be Going! (Father George David Byers) >> Homily: Father George, teach us how to pray. Wait… What?
- Bonfire of the Vanities (Fr Martin Fox) >> Only one thing to fear. And the one treasure you can take with you (Sunday homily)
- Catholic Exchange (Saints Editor) >> St. Ignatius of Loyola
- Catholic World Report - Blog (CNA Staff) >> ‘Don’t we have a place in the Church?’: Read pope’s response to Argentine priest on seminary’s closure
- Catholic World Report - Blog (Chilton Williamson, Jr) >> Why Do the Heathen Rage?
- Charlotte was Both (Amy Welborn) >> St. Ignatius Loyola – July 31
- CNA Daily News (Kevin J. Jones) >> Big-spending abortion backers target Kansas ballot measure, but pro-lifers hope for win
- Community in Mission (Msgr. Charles Pope) >> You Can’t Take it with You, But You Can Send it on Ahead! Five teachings on Wealth from the Gospel of the 18th Sunday of the Year.
- Creative Minority Report (Matthew Archbold) >> Soccer Player Refuses to Wear Pride Jersey. The World Freaks Out.
- DCLatinMass.Com (rockcreekcatholic) >> Don’t be fooled again
- Finer Feminity (Leane VanderPutten) >> Devotion is Suitable to Every Vocation & Profession ~ St. Francis de Sales
- Fr. Hunwicke's Mutual Enrichment (Fr. John Hunwicke) >> SEDEVACANTISM: only for new readers.
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Francis: Grandmother of the West, invoked, to open the great circle and then blasts at “traditionalists”.
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> D. Arlington: more accompaniment for the faithful who desire the Vetus Ordo
- Integrated Catholic Life (Marcellino D'Ambrosio, Ph.D.) >> Root of All Evil?
- LES FEMMES - THE TRUTH (Mary Ann Kreitzer) >> Guest Post: Self Knowledge, Discipline, and Discipleship by Fr. Tom Collins
- LifeSiteNews (Raymond Wolfe) >> Louisiana’s near-total abortion ban can take effect, court rules
- LifeSiteNews (Raymond Wolfe) >> Diocese of Arlington announces sweeping new restrictions on Latin Mass
- National Catholic Register (Joseph Pronechen) >> The Church That Nourished the Faith of Father Kapaun
- National Catholic Register (Hannah Cote) >> 13 Creative Ways to Honor Mary at a Catholic Wedding
- New Liturgical Movement (Gregory DiPippo) >> Arranging the Breviary for the Rest of the Liturgical Year
- RORATE CÆLI (Peter Kwasniewski) >> “Christ and Christ alone is the Savior of all men”: The significance of Francis’s participation in the Indian pagan ritual
- The American Catholic (Donald R. McClarey) >> Billy Mitchell, Prophet
- The Catholic Thing (Msgr. Robert J. Batule) >> The Steadying Wisdom of ‘Humanae Vitae’
- The Imaginative Conservative (Mark Malvasi) >> A Message From Rome
- The Stream (John Zmirak) >> Christians Learned the Limits of the State and the Rights of Believers by Trial and Error