UPDATE: TLM Masses in May at Saint James Parish in Charles Town, WV

I recently wrote to my contact at St. James the Greater Parish in Charles Town, WV to inquire if there are any updates to the TLM Mass schedule there. Here is the email response I just received:


The Latin Mass at St. James is still only once a month. I was told there will be a Latin Mass in May, but the date has not been announced yet.

Our Pastor, Fr. Brian Owens recently took the Latin Mass training in Nebraska that the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter offers for parish priests. I understand he doesn't want to start offering it on a weekly basis until he's able to do it correctly. That's why Fr. Gismondi, FSSP has been coming from DC once a month to offer this Mass.

I heard that there will be a week-long Altar Boy Camp during the summer with a seminarian from that same Fraternity, working towards being able to offer it on a weekly basis.

I'll let you know, as soon as I hear something else.
Of course, the moment I hear, I will announce the schedule.

Comments