Regional Mass News - August 22nd, 2008

Update August 29th: The proper URL for Saint Alphonsus is now working again. I have changed it back to the original URL.

  • I just discovered this evening that Saint Alphonsus Church in Baltimore must have failed to renew its domain name or is in the process of moving to a new server. The link that was present for so long now takes one to a site that advertises homes. As a result, I have gone into the FAQs, Visitors Ask About the TLM, etc. and the link in the right margin and changed the URL with this link. This link is from the Archdiocese of Baltimore and has all the information necessary.
  • Many are checking regularly about St. Bartholomew's in Manchester, MD. The TLM was a great success, but it appears that it will be an occasional event. I have heard nothing further on this and know that the Pastor is a member of the Faculty at Mt. St. Mary's. To say he is busy is an understatement.
  • Many are also checking on the TLM that was being held on a fairly regular basis at Saint James the Greater in WV. From what I have heard, the Pastor learned to say the TLM but I believe his Associate was transferred. I know that there is a stable group at that Parish that really wants the TLM. If I hear anything more, I'll pass it on.
  • Finally, the TLM group on the Eastern Shore of MD is still hoping to get a regular TLM in Maryland in Salisbury or Easton or Cambridge. The Eastern Shore is encompassed by the Diocese of Wilmington. Since H.E. Bishop Malooly will be the Ordinary when he is installed soon, I don't know whether the situation regarding the TLM will change. If I hear, I will pass it along.

Comments

  1. Just curious why you don't include in your list (unless you don't see this as close enough to your area) St. Joseph's Roman Catholic church in Richmond. This church, started as an indult TLM mass in 1988, was elevated to full parish status several years ago(Tridentine Rite only) by H.E. Bp. Walter F. Sullivan; continues today as a parish (Extrodinary Form, [Tridintine] only), has continually offered daily Latin Masses as well as Low and High (Missa Cantata) Traditional Latin Masses on Sundays and Holy-days. Fr. Adrian W. Harmenning, OSB has always been her Pastor. Just curious! The church web-site is www.stjosephrichmond.org

    Gil F
    Richmond, VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gil,

    Thanks for the feedback. The area covered by this blog is somewhat arbitrary. I have no set geographic parameters in mind. As I am including Virginia in my survey (albeit the Northern area), I have decided to include Saint Joseph's Catholic Church as well. If you check the right margin, you will now find a link to these Masses. Thanks for the feedback and may God be with you!

    D.v.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment