Weekend News Roundup - Ninth Sunday after Pentecost And St. John Mary Vianney, Confessor (Le Curé d'Ars) - August 7th & 8th, 2022
† Ninth Sunday after Pentecost, Dominica Nona Post Pentecosten, Missa 'Ecce Deus Ádjuvat' - August 7th, 2022 - Propers
† St. John Mary Vianney, Confessor (Le Curé d'Ars), S. Ioannis Mariæ Vianney Confessoris, Missa 'Os Iusti', Commemoration: SS. Cyriacus, Largus & Smaragdus, Martyrs - August 8th, 2022 - Propers
† Traditional Latin Mass Calendar With Hyperlinks - August 1st, 2022 to August 7th, 2022 - Propers for the Week | Transfiguration of Our Lord | Ninth Sunday after Pentecost
- LITURGICAL, SUNDAY
- OnePeterFive (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Is idolatry less serious now than back in Old Testament times?
- Voice of the Family (Fr Gabriel of St Mary Magdalene OCD) >> Correspondence with grace: the ninth Sunday after Pentecost
- Sermonry >> Ninth Sunday After Pentecost
- The Divine Lamp >> Extraordinary Form: Commentaries for the Ninth Sunday After Pentecost (Dominica IX Post Pentecosten)
- Clutching My Rosary >> August 7 The Ninth Sunday After Pentecost
- †The Ecu-Men† >> August 7 – Ninth Sunday after Pentecost
- Lives of the Saints >> August 7th Saint Cajetan of Thiena, Founder (1480-1547)
- CatholicSaints.Info: Saints of the Day: 7 August
- Boston Catholic Journal, Roman Martyrology >> August 7th
- LITURGICAL, MONDAY
- Clutching My Rosary >> August 8 St. John Mary Vianney, Confessor; Comm. of Ss. Cyriacus, Largus & Smaragdus, Martyrs
- †The Ecu-Men† >> August 8 – John Mary Vianney, Confessor
- Lives of the Saints >> August 8th Saint John Vianney, Curé of Ars, Confessor (1786-1859)
- CatholicSaints.Info: Saints of the Day: 8 August
- Boston Catholic Journal, Roman Martyrology >> August 8th
- BLOGS, NEWS, OPINION AND COMMENTARY
- Adult Catechesis in the Roman Catholic Tradition >> What we cannot know….
- American Thinker (James Poplar) >> The inconvenient truth of electric vehicles
- American Thinker (Ed Timperlake) >> Now the truth begins to emerge
- American Thinker (Silvio Canto, Jr.) >> The Beatles as movie stars?
- A Priest Life (Fr. Kevin Cusick) >> "Good v Evil 4/4: Evil loses; consumes itself; digs a pit, and falls into it“
- Catholic World Report - Blog (Carl E. Olson) >> The Vigilant and Faithful Disciple
- Catholic World Report - Blog (Francis X. Maier) >> All Things Made New: Living the Lay Vocation
- City Journal (Heather Mac Donald) >> The Corruption of Medicine
- CNA Daily News (Shannon Mullen) >> Archie Battersbee, 12, dies after being taken off life support against his parents' wishes
- Community in Mission (Msgr. Charles Pope) >> Recipe for Readiness —A Homily for the 19th Sunday of the Year
- Finer Feminity (Leane VanderPutten) >> The Green Meadow ~ Maria Von Trapp
- Fr. Hunwicke's Mutual Enrichment (Fr. John Hunwicke) >> The Eucharist as a societal paradigm (2)
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> ASK FATHER: I failed to do my confession penance. Now what?
- Gatestone Institute - Articles (Amir Taheri) >> Putin's Threshold of Pain
- LES FEMMES - THE TRUTH (Mary Ann Kreitzer) >> Fr. Vander Woude encourages the Latin Mass congregation!
- National Catholic Register (John Grondelski) >> The Master Is Returning — Have We Kept the Light on for Him?
- RORATE CÆLI (Father Richard Gennaro Cipolla) >> Jesus weeps over Jerusalem as we weep for the Liturgy of the Church
- The Catholic Thing (Dana Gioia) >> The Catholic Art of George Tooker
- The Imaginative Conservative (Dwight Longenecker) >> Re-Reading “Literary Converts”
- The New American (Luis Miguel) >> Endocrine Society Took Nearly $100K From Puberty Blocker Manufacturer
- The New American (Luis Miguel) >> A Global Supply-chain Crisis Is Inevitable Under Our Current System
- The New American (Luis Miguel) >> North Korea Reportedly Testing Nuclear Triggers as War Looms in Far East
- The Stream (John Stonestreet & G.S. Morris) >> Which Theory of Evolution? Toppling the Idol of ‘Settled Science’
Continuation ✠ of the Holy Gospel according to Luke
R. Glory be to Thee, O Lord.
At that time, when Jesus drew near to Jerusalem and saw the city, He wept over it, saying, If you had known, in this your day, even you, the things that are for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. For days will come upon you when your enemies will throw up a rampart about you, and surround you and shut you in on every side, and will dash you to the ground and your children within you, and will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you have not known the time of your visitation. And He entered the temple, and began to cast out those who were selling and buying in it, saying to them, It is written, ‘My house is a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a den of thieves. And He was teaching daily in the temple.