Marian Shrines in the United States

As I review the search terms in "Google" that lead people to find this blog, I am in awe at how traffic ends up here!

Some time back, I did a short feature on the National Shrine of the Grotto of Lourdes in Emmitsburg, Maryland (one of my favorite locations on this planet!). I also posted a far different story about Belmont Abbey College [click here] in North Carolina which has a Monastery on its premises. It turns out--a surprise to me--that the Belmont Abbey Monastery [click here] has a beautiful Grotto of Lourdes as well. People searching for that Grotto, sadly, are directed to a story on the health benefits of the employees at Belmont Abbey College!

So, I did some research and found a marvelous website from the University of Dayton that lists the Marian Shrines in the United States. As I glance at this list, I am in awe about how many Marian Shrines there are! Every state seems to be listed.

So, if you want to know about the Marian Shrines in Maryland, they are listed here. In addition, the National Shrine of the Grotto of Lourdes has a hyperlink in the right menu. If you are looking for the Lourdes Grotto at Belmont Abbey, I can help you. It is listed here under North Carolina (Charlotte, NC to be precise). In fact, I bet your own state has a Marian Shrine nearby. Look and see!

Hope that helps some visitors! Thanks to the University of Dayton!


Comments