Morning Roundup - Third Sunday after Easter - Dominica III Post Pascha - Missa 'Iubilate Deo' - April 21st, 2013
Have you wondered? In the traditional calendar, today is the Third Sunday after Easter. In the Novus Ordo calendar, it is the Fourth Sunday after Easter. In the traditional calendar, the Sunday immediately after Easter is called "Low Sunday" or "Dominica in albis." The explanation can be found here. Low Sunday is the "Octave Day" of Easter as noted in the New Advent explanation. The Sunday following Low Sunday is then the Second Sunday after Easter which is also called "Good Shepherd Sunday." This explains the apparent disconnect between how the Sundays after Easter are numbered between the two calendars...
- ABYSSUS ABYSSUM INVOCAT / DEEP CALLS TO DEEP >> AS A MAN HAS FREE WILL, HE IS FREE TO FEED THE LITTLEST LAMBS ORCUT THEIR THROATS OR SNIP THEIR SPINES
- Archdiocese of Washington (Msgr. Charles Pope) >> What Did Jesus Call Me? A Meditation on the Gospel for Good Shepherd Sunday
- Daily Meditations with Fr. Alfonse >> John 6:60-69 Are You Shocked?
- Godzdogz (The English Dominican Studentate) >> Resurrection Appearances – Mary Magdalene
- Musings of a Pertinacious Papist >> The fruit of interfaith dialogue: 'COEXIST' vs. CHRIST?
- Musings of a Pertinacious Papist >> "Conservative" cardinal still soft on same-sex relationships
- SANCTE PATER (Vincenzo) >> All you beasts wild and tame Bless the Lord
- SOUTHERN ORDERS (Fr. Allan J. McDonald) >> POPE FRANCIS: PRIESTS ARE SHEPHERDS NOT OFFICIALS, MEDIATORS, NOT INTERMEDIARIES, INTENT ON PLEASING GOD NOT MAN. THE HOLY FATHER'S LITURGY FOR ORDINATION IS A TEMPLATE FOR MASSES IN PARISHES IN TERMS OF THE LATIN TO VERNACULAR MIX!
- SOUTHERN ORDERS (Fr. Allan J. McDonald) >> COMMON SENSE ABOUT CIVIL LAW FROM THE FIRST MARINI
- Te Deum laudamus! (Diane M. Korzeniewski, OCDS) >> Pope Francis to young people: Ask Jesus what he wants from you and be brave!
- Te igitur >> Good Pope John
- The Catholic Thing >> The New Evangelization: Basic Concepts (Bevil Bramwell, OMI)
- The Integrated Catholic Life >> Be not afraid for the Lord is your Shepherd (Deacon Mike Bickerstaff)
- The Integrated Catholic Life >> Daily Catholic Quote from Scripture
- The TOF Spot (Michael Flynn) >> Much is Thereby Explained ★★★★
- V for Victory! (Anita Moore, O.P., Esq.) >> Why Must We Suffer?
Post a Comment