Evening Roundup - Thursday after Pentecost Week - Die Quinta infra octavam Pentecostes - Missa 'Spiritus Domini' - May 23rd, 2013
- Canterbury Tales (Dr. Taylor Marshall) >> 5 Ways to Simplify Your Spiritual Life - and Make It Beautiful!
- Catholic Answers >> A Chapel to Remember (Peggy Frye)
- Catholic World Report - Blog >> Pope Francis teaches that everyone is saved! Wow! (Hold on. Wait a second.) (Carl E. Olson)
- Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture >> The War on Christmas Comes to Spain (Tom Piatak)
- Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture >> Jihadophilia (Srdja Trifkovic)
- Courageous Priest >> Pope Francis: “Power Struggles Within the Church Must Not Exist”
- Creative Minority Report >> Pope Says 'Good' Atheists Are Okey Dokey
- Creative Minority Report >> Watch Cardinal Pell Own Richard Dawkins
- Creative Minority Report >> Boy Scouts Uphold Ban on Gay Adult Leaders, Allow Gay Youths
- Daily Meditations with Fr. Alfonse >> Mk 9:41-50 Fluff vs. Stuff
- First Thoughts >> If Atheists Can Go to Heaven, Why Bother with Faith? (Anna Williams)
- Happy Catholic* (Julie D.) >> Worth a Thousand Words: A Very Rainy Day
- I Want to See God >> God is still in the garden….come and see
- Meeting Christ in the Liturgy >> "Rely not on your strength"
- New Liturgical Movement >> Compendium of the 1961 Revision of the Pontificale Romanum - Part 10: The Blessing of a Pectoral Cross (1595 & 1961)
- New Liturgical Movement >> Pentecost at the Ordinariate, Mount Calvary, Baltimore
- Pundit & Pundette >> Oops: Lerner may have blown her invocation of the fifth
- SOUTHERN ORDERS (Fr. Allan J. McDonald) >> WHAT GOOD IS IT TO WHINE AND HAVE A BLEEDING HEART ABOUT SILLY THINGS LIKE STEWING OVER THE WONDERFUL NEW ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF THE MASS? AREN'T THERE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE?
- The Chant Café >> Sacrosanctum concilium - what we have done, what we have failed to do (Jeffrey Tucker)
- The hermeneutic of continuity (Fr. Tim Finigan) >> Great new titles from the CTS
- The hermeneutic of continuity (Fr. Tim Finigan) >> Sinful priest, valid sacraments
- The Path Less Taken (Mary O'Regan) >> "Women wore huge hats - the reason was that they could hide behind their hats, make eyes at their boyfriends and their chaperone wouldn't be able to see them!"
- What Does The Prayer Really Say? (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Praise ye him, O sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars and light.
- What Does The Prayer Really Say? (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> QUAERITUR: Greek island without a Catholic church on Sunday
- Whispers in the Loggia >> "Who Are We Before God? What Are Our Challenges?" – Francis Meets the Bishops
Merriam-Webster Dictionary Online
Memorial Day noun
U.S. holiday. Originally held (1868) in commemoration of soldiers killed in the American Civil War, its observance later extended to all U.S. war dead. Most states conform to the federal practice of observing it on the last Monday in May, but some retain the traditional day of celebration, May 30. National observance is marked by the placing of a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetery. Flags, insignia, and flowers are placed on the graves of veterans in local cemeteries. (Odd...no mention of summer, cheeseburgers, beer or car sales...)
Post a Comment