Skip to main content
Afternoon Roundup - Sunday after the Ascension - Missa 'Exaudi Domine' - June 1st, 2014
- Bonfire of the Vanities (Fr Martin Fox) >> 'If you want to understand the Ascension, think about a marriage' (Sunday homily)
- Coming Home (Gerard M. Nadal) >> Pro-Life at Crossroads with Pope Francis
- Domine, da mihi hanc aquam! (Fr. Philip Neri Powell, OP) >> Are we standing around looking at the sky?
- Fr. Hunwicke's Mutual Enrichment (Fr. John Hunwicke) >> Scandal on the River
- Fr. Hunwicke's Mutual Enrichment (Fr. John Hunwicke) >> COUNCILS: some undervalued councils ("What a long time ago it seems ... when our beloved Pope Emeritus began to write about Liturgy. Do you remember the reaction which followed? It was as if a gang of yobs had broken into a meeting of deeply religious and proper Maiden Aunts, and had started shouting very naughty words. The pursed lips ... the frozen atmosphere of disapproval ... that was how the liturgical establishment responded. 'But he's not a liturgist!!!' they cried, if ever they ventured to unpurse their frigid lips. They meant that he was not one of them; had attended none of their conventions; had written no little articles in their house journals; had rampaged through no diocese laying waste the sanctuaries; had hurled no reliquaries, no baroque vestments, upon bonfires; had destroyed no traditions of sacred chant... The Cardinal Prefect writes: 'The Church of the West ... must achieve a real reception of the Seventh Ecumenical Council, Nicaea II, which affirmed the fundamental importance and theological status of the image in the Church.' Indeed, in the decades after the iconoclasm which, totally without mandate, followed Vatican II, it was Nicaea II, not Vatican II, which should have been the bedside reading of bishops and of diocesan directors of Liturgy...")
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Orthodox “solution” for Communion for Divorced/Remarried is no solution
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Disgusting from Pres. Obama’s V.A.
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> A Novena of Prayer to the Holy Spirit: Day 3 (Audio)
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Brick by Brick in Fennimore
- Global Economic Warfare (Kevin D. Freeman) >> China’s Three Warfares Goes Further Than Anyone Can Imagine
- Latin Word of the Day >> dubium: doubt
- On This Rock (Fr. John Hollowell) >> God is as Jacked Up for Our Return as He is for Jesus' Return!
- Psallam Domino (Kate Edwards) >> Psalm 50 in the daily Office
- Regina Magazine Blog >> Podcast – Interview with Catherine Quinn
- RORATE CÆLI (Richard Cipolla) >> The [Separated] Orthodox Churches and Second Marriages
- RORATE CÆLI (Mornac) >> Bishop Rey once again ordains in the Traditional Rite
- SHIRT OF FLAME (Heather King) >> MATILIJA POPPY
- SOUTHERN ORDERS (Fr. Allan J. McDonald) >> TO SANCTIFY, TEACH AND GOVERN--WHO DOESN'T KNOW THIS ABOUT THE THREE-FOLD MINISTRY OF BISHOPS, INCLUDING THE BISHOP OF ROME?
- The Catholic Thing >> The Final Confrontation (Fr. C. John McCloskey)
- The Deacon's Bench (Deacon Greg Kandra) >> Mass in the Extraordinary Form at a Brooklyn church
- The Imaginative Conservative >> I Follow Apollos: Cults and the Church (Stratford Caldecott)
- Traditional Catholic Priest (Fr. Peter Carota) >> The Traditional Catholic Holy Rosary Has Always Worked Miracles
- Vultus Christi (Dom Mark Daniel Kirby) >> Faciem tuam, Domine, requiram
Post a Comment