Visitors ask...Arabic Catholic Churches...Where?

I have continued to receive queries on "Arabic Catholic Churches" and I would love to assist those who are seeking this Mass. I asked my "resident expert" friend about this, and she gave me the following advice for those looking for such a Church.

"First, the closest thing that one is likely to find is the Maronite Churches which use Aramaic in their Divine Liturgy. The closest you can come to Baltimore is Our Lady of Lebanon in Washington DC. This is a new church. Otherwise, there are 2 Maronite Churches in Virginia: St. Elias Maronite Catholic Church in Roanoke and St. Anthony in Glen Allen, VA.

Otherwise, one would need to seek out a Chaldean Catholic Church. I have only located two - one in MI and CA."

So, the 3 Maronite Catholic Churches are the closest thing one is likely to find. If you search for "Syro-Malabar" Churches in the blog search engine (this suggestion is from Yahoo), you will turn up the Mission Churches of the Syro-Malabar Rite. However, to my knowledge, they use English in their liturgy and not Arabic.

The Maronite Churches are the closest to Arabic one is likely to come upon locally in the U.S. And, I trust her feedback.


Comments

  1. For visitors unfamiliar with the Maronite Catholic Church, I would encourage them to take a few minutes to visit the Maronite Eparchy of St. Maron's web site, where they can learn more about the Maronite Catholic Church.

    Link: http://www.stmaron.org/

    They should also explore the rich heritage of the Antiochene-Syriac Maronite liturgy, that predates the TLM. St. Peter served as bishop of Antioch before proceeding to Rome. It was in Antioch that the words 'Catholic' and 'Christian' were first used.

    Link: http://www.stmaron.org/divliturgy.html

    I pray that our Lord and His Blessed Mother will bless this blog and its visitors. May St. Charbel guide you all to his beloved Father of Truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks! I will let my friend know of your kind comments. I have yet to attend a Maronite Liturgy, but will make a point to do so.

    God bless!
    D.v.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment