Skip to main content
Late Morning Roundup - St. Lucy, Virgin & Martyr - Missa 'Dilexisti' - Commem.: Feria of Advent - December 13th, 2013
- Acton Institute PowerBlog >> 5 Minute Explainer: Subsidiarity (Joe Carter)
- Archdiocese of Washington (Msgr. Charles Pope) >> In the Midst of Much Blood God extended a Rose. A Meditation on Guadalupe and Mother Mary
- Bill Petro >> History of Santa Lucia: Luciadagen — St. Lucy’s Day
- Catholic Education Resource Center >> Peonage for the Twenty-First Century (Anthony Esolen)
- CatholicHerald.co.uk >> Prepare for Christmas through silence, says Pope (Cindy Wooden)
- CatholicHerald.co.uk >> Indian prime minister apologises after Christian marchers beaten (Anto Akkara)
- Charlotte was Both (Amy Welborn) >> 7 Quick Takes
- Chiesa.expressonline.it (Fulvio Rampi) >> Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / "Gaudete in Domino"
- Creative Minority Report (Matthew Archbold) >> Objective Reporter Crusades to Get Nativity Scene Removed
- Crisis Magazine >> Storm Over the Vatican: Pundits Stoke Fires of Dissent (Charlie McKinney)
- Crisis Magazine >> Sex Trafficking in Your Backyard (Caitlin Bootsma)
- Da Mihi Animas (Padre Steve) >> Archbishop Sheen: Life is Worth Living
- DecentFilms.com (Steven D. Greydanus) >> Review: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)
- Domine, da mihi hanc aquam! (Fr. Philip Neri Powell, OP) >> Wise Works Vindicate
- FIRST THINGS: On the Square >> Have Mercy on Clarence Aaron (Wesley J. Smith)
- Fr. Hunwicke's Mutual Enrichment (Fr. John Hunwicke) >> OATHS GALORE ("...I feel this so strongly that I am prepared to drive my argument even further. In modern Catholic seminaries, so rumour has it, many of the ordinands are much more 'traditional' nowadays than the ordinands of a generation ago were. Eccellente. But there may possibly still be among them just a tiny residual handful of young men who are violently prejudiced against the Vetus Ordo ... quaint young fogies weirdly fixated upon the out-dated fads of the 1970s, eternally mouthing strange mantras about Hippolytus and versus populum, resistant to the Magisterium of Summorum pontificum. The sort of sad little chaps who secretly read the Tablet or even Mgr Loftus (utrumque censeo delendum) and take selfies of themselves in polyester chasubles. I think, therefore, for safety's sake, all ordinands throughout the Church should also have to swear that they accept the Vetus Ordo as "an* authentic expression of the liturgical tradition of the Church"...)
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> ADVENTCAzT 13: 2nd Friday of Advent – “the trees of the wood will clap their hands”
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Communion for divorced/remarried. Ed Peters on what’s at stake.
- Godzdogz (The English Dominican Studentate) >> Second Friday of Advent: Fasting and Feasting (Samuel Burke OP)
- In the Light of the Law (Dr. Edward Peters) >> Let’s understand what’s at stake (MUST READ!)
- Jimmy Akin (NC Register) >> Gaudete Sunday: 11 things to know and share . . .
- Matthew Archbold (NC Register) >> 3 of the Most Wildly UnChristian Christmas Songs Ever
- New Liturgical Movement >> Solemn Evensong for Gaudete Sunday, Mount Calvary, December 15 (Matthew Alderman)
- SOUTHERN ORDERS (Fr. Allan J. McDonald) >> USING EQUIVALENT WORDS IN THE VERNACULAR VERSION OF THE LATIN MASS, ORDINARY FORM, IS ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE UNDER CONTROL
- SOUTHERN ORDERS (Fr. Allan J. McDonald) >> CAN WE OBSESS ON THE LITURGY AND TURN IT INTO AN IDOL OF FALSE WORSHIP?
- The Catholic Thing >> The Sometimes Warring Schools of Francis (Austin Ruse)
- The Deacon's Bench (Deacon Greg Kandra) >> “The scandal of preaching”
- The Deacon's Bench (Deacon Greg Kandra) >> What will Pope Francis do with the Legion of Christ?
- Views From the Choir Loft >> Are You a Servant Leader?
- Word On Fire Blog >> The Council of Trent's Enduring Legacy
Post a Comment