Skip to main content
Afternoon Roundup - Quinquagesima Sunday (EF) or Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time (OF) - February 15th, 2015
- Bonfire of the Vanities (Fr Martin Fox) >> Be made clean of your leprosy (Sunday homily)
- Catholic Stand (Thomas P. Sheahen) >> The Hazards of Creationism
- Catholic World Report - Blog (Carl E. Olson) >> Christianity: "Pie in the sky" religion, or "island of mercy and security"?
- Da Mihi Animas (Padre Steve) >> Dr. Scott Hahn: "The Bible and the Sacrifice of the Mass"
- Fr. Hunwicke's Mutual Enrichment (Fr. John Hunwicke) >> QUINQUAGESIMA ("...What a bore clergy find the 'Hymn to Love' in I Corinthians 13 (the EF/BCP Epistle in Sunday's Mass), as yet another engaged couple want Uncle Bob to read it at their wedding. Read, however, in the context of the blistering attack S Paul is making on the failings of the Corinthian Christians, its cutting irony, verging on sarcasm, is rather fun. Whenever S Paul says "Love is not X", he is mightily suggesting that the Corinthians are X. But it isn't irony Kevin and Sharon think they're getting ... I blame the late Thos Cranmer for the start of this vulgarisation. He abolished the fitting pre-Lent Collect for Quinquagesima and replaced it by a composition of his own, highlighting Charity. Since then, it has all been downhill...")
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Something fun for the consistory: The Cardinal… locations
- Insight Scoop | The Ignatius Press Blog (Carl Olson) >> New: "The Noonday Devil: Acedia, the Unnamed Evil of Our Times"
- Joe Catholic (Don Gonzalez) >> Navarre Bible Commentary:6th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Lectio Divina Notes (Kate Edwards) >> John 6: 1-27
- National Catholic Register Daily Blog (Edward Pentin) >> Full Text of Pope's Homily at Mass for New Cardinals
- Pursued by Truth (Sr. Theresa Aletheia Noble, FSP) >> #CatholicFreebies and Prodigal You Love Updates
- RORATE CÆLI (Adfero) >> Bishop Athanasius Schneider visits SSPX USA seminary
- The Catholic Thing (Fr. C. John McCloskey) >> Lent 2015: Reflections and Suggestions
- The Imaginative Conservative (Alice von Hildebrand) >> The Humble Origins of Love
- tigerish waters (Rita) >> a flattering superstition of self-love
- Traditional Catholic Priest (Fr. Peter Carota) >> Jesus Crucified As On Shroud Of Turin
- Views From the Choir Loft (Fr. David Friel) >> Praying the Divine Office This Lent
Post a Comment