Skip to main content
Morning Roundup - Feria Secunda infra Hebdomadam XV post Octavam Pentecostes - September 7th, 2015
- Aleteia (Zelda Caldwell) >> Rome: The Streets of Saints and Emperors
- Aleteia (Zelda Caldwell) >> Catholic Colleges and the Call to Greatness
- Catholic Conclave (Christopher Gillibrand) >> Call for Pope to over-rule conservative outcome of October Synod.
- CatholicHerald.co.uk (Fr Alexander Lucie-Smith) >> Once traditional morality wanes, how can we get it back?
- Catholic Sacristan (Isten Joe) >> Postering the Pope. Papal murals.
- Communio (Paul Zalonski) >> Labor Day
- Community in Mission (Msgr. Charles Pope) >> “Vast majority of U.S. Catholics who left the church can’t imagine returning, study says.” Hmm … Not So Fast – A Reflection on a Recent Survey
- DCLatinMass.Com (rockcreekcatholic) >> Georgetown TLM Community releases Fall schedule of Masses
- Dominicana Journal (Br. Dominic Mary Verner, O.P.) >> Dirty Jobs’ Labor Lessons for the Last Day
- Dymphna's Road >> Is your kid going on a mission trip? Parents beware.
- Fr. Hunwicke's Mutual Enrichment (Fr. John Hunwicke) >> Was 1963 the last decent vintage?
- Fr Ray Blake's Blog >> Responding to the Pope
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> The View From The Fainting Couch: Pentin’s book provokes the vapors
- In the Light of the Law (Dr. Edward Peters) >> Is Kim Davis a hypocrite?
- MondayVatican (Andrea Gagliarducci) >> Pope Francis: What is his Pontificate’s Upcoming Agenda? ("...Behind this “agenda of mercy” there was the felt need to move the discussion of issues in the Church at least 30 years backward. St. John Paul II with his personality, his charism, his being a decision maker, designed a strongly pastoral Church, but also one with a fervent attachment to the doctrine of the Church. Behind him, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, developed the notions of truth and communion, and brought them to full life during his pontificate. For Pope Benedict, the notion of family was crucial, and he governed the Curia with the aim of making the Curia a family, just as he had done at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith...This way of doing things excluded all the theologians and bishops who were looking for a platform in the years following the Second Vatican Council in order to pull the Church into modern times. Rather than shaping reality on the basis of Catholic teachings, these theologians and priests wanted to adapt the teachings to reality. Their theological approach was already out of fashion during Benedict XVI’s pontificate, and was going to fall apart. Under Pope Francis’ pontificate, the “adapters” are trying to retake ground they had lost...")
- One Mad Mom >> Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand. ~ Mark Twain
- OnePeterFive (Steve Skojec) >> Peter Kwasniewski and Cardinal Burke at Steubenville
- RORATE CÆLI (New Catholic) >> Socci: "Populism of Pope on immigration is in contrast with traditional wisdom of the Catholic Church."
- RORATE CÆLI (Augustinus) >> IMPORTANT: Two Apostolic Letters Motu Proprio reforming the annulment process to be presented tomorrow
- The Catholic Thing (Hadley Arkes) >> Celebrating Fr. James V. Schall, S.J.
- The Cloistered Heart (Nancy Shuman) >> A Time For Saints
- The Deacon's Bench (Deacon Greg Kandra) >> BREAKING: Vatican to announce annulment reforms Tuesday
- The Imaginative Conservative (Bruce Frohnen) >> Conscience & Property Rights: Obama vs. Little Sisters of the Poor
- Traditional Catholic Priest (Fr. Peter Carota) >> County Clerk Jailed For Not Issuing ‘Marriage’ License To Homosexual Couple
- Vultus Christi (Dom Mark Daniel Kirby) >> The Earlier Mysteries of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Vultus Christi (Dom Mark Daniel Kirby) >> Maria Bambina
- Whispers in the Loggia (Rocco Palmo) >> "The Meek and Merciful Jesus" – With Synod In the Balance, Pope To Unveil Annulment Reform
Post a Comment