Skip to main content
Afternoon Roundup - Fourth Sunday of Lent (Laetare Sunday) - Dominica IV in Quadragesima - Missa 'Laetare' - March 30th, 2014
- Archdiocese of Washington (Msgr. Charles Pope) >> Walk in the Light – A Homily for the 4th Sunday of Lent
- Creative Minority Report (Patrick Archbold) >> Fear and Loathing In These Last Days
- Daily Meditations with Fr. Alfonse >> John 9:1-41 Seeing God's Reality
- Da Mihi Animas (Padre Steve) >> Catholic Answers: How can we offer sacrifices at Mass?
- Domine, da mihi hanc aquam! (Fr. Philip Neri Powell, OP) >> Awake! Rise from the dead!
- Dymphna's Road >> No, THIS nun is on fire....
- Fr. Hunwicke's Mutual Enrichment (Fr. John Hunwicke) >> Vatican II banned them ("'Mothering Sunday' is intimately bound up with the Vetus Ordo liturgical propers for Lent IV, when the Roman Pontiff went to the Basilica of S Crucis in Jerusalem, built upon cartloads of soil from Jerusalem, designed to be 'Jerusalem-in-Rome'; and the texts were about Jerusalem, the True Jerusalem, the Jerusalem quae sursum est, quae est mater nostra. Wonderful texts; wonderful Biblical exegesis bound up in them. Upon this grew the easy, pleasant social customs of Mothering Sunday. This is a superb example of the combination, within our Christian culture, of high theology, high liturgy, graciously incarnated into popular customs so attractive that they even have the power to survive the demise of the culture which gave birth to them. 'Inculturation', and with a vengeance! But none of this had any weight with those who after the Council, ruthlessly, unreflectively, demolished the liturgical foundations upon which this entire superstructure rested...[...]...Perhaps a solution, which is not without precedent, would be for the Celebrant to read silently the prescribed Novus Ordo readings, while somebody else, aloud, read the Mothering Sunday readings.")
- Latin Word of the Day >> avaritia: greed
- Psallam Domino (Kate Edwards) >> The Penitential Psalms - Psalm 50/9 - verses 19-20
- RORATE CÆLI (New Catholic) >> Pope's Latin Twitter account translator celebrates Low TLM in Michigan
- SANCTE PATER (Vincenzo) >> 1,300-year-old Egyptian mummy had tattoo of Archangel Michael
- SOUTHERN ORDERS (Fr. Allan J. McDonald) >> CATHOLIC NUN AT A CATHOLIC SCHOOL IS LAMBASTED FOR TEACHING ORTHODOX CATHOLICISM 101
- The Catholic Thing >> Antediluvian Follies (Brad Miner) ("NOTE: I reveal a lot about the new movie Noah in this review, which I come not to praise but to bury....To evoke a Biblical context, I paraphrase Nathanael: Can anything good come out of Hollywood? On the evidence, probably not; not if the Bible is source material...")
- Vultus Christi (Dom Mark Daniel Kirby) >> Laetare: The Eucharistic Joy of the Church
Post a Comment