Sunday Roundup - Sunday in the Octave of Christmas (EF) Or The Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph (OF) - December 31st, 2017
- BIG C CATHOLICS (Matthew Coffin) >> Saint Thérèse of Lisieux on the Holy Family
- CatholicHerald.co.uk (Staff Reporter) >> Pope shares image of atomic bomb victims on eve of 2018
- Catholic Stand (Bob Drury) >> God Had a Plan: He Asked Mary’s Permission
- Catholic Stand (David Torkington) >> Blessed John Duns Scotus – A Christmas Theology of Love
- Clutching My Rosary >> Sunday Within the Octave of Christmas
- Clutching My Rosary >> Saint Sylvester, Pope and Confessor
- Communio (Paul Zalonski) >> Holy Family is the model
- Community in Mission (Msgr. Charles Pope) >> What is a Holy Family? A Homily for the Feast of the Holy Family
- Fr. Hunwicke's Mutual Enrichment (Fr. John Hunwicke) >> Ovidius in Luca ludit ... for classicists only
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> CHRISTMASCAzT 2017 29: Family in charity, not diversity, tolerance, inclusivity, sensitivity, choice
- Happy Catholic* (Julie D.) >> Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph
- Homiletic & Pastoral Review - Articles (Fr. John Zupez, S.J.) >> The Human Jesus
- Homiletic & Pastoral Review - Articles (Fr. Tim McCauley) >> You Shall Rejoice In Your Festival
- Homiletic & Pastoral Review - Articles (Fr. John Nepil) >> Recovering Our Bearings - The Role of the Common Life in the Rebuilding of Priestly Fraternity
- Homiletic & Pastoral Review - Articles (Rev. Thomas V. Berg, PhD) >> Conformed to a Vulnerable Savior - A Christmas Reflection for Priests
- Littlemore Tracts (Fr. Mark A. Pilon) >> Holy Family as Model for All Families (Holy Family 2017)
- Meeting Christ in the Liturgy >> Dominica Infra Octavam Nativitatis: " according to our individual works will the True and Just Judge apportion to us punishment or reward"
- National Catholic Register Bloggers (Edward Pentin) >> Pope Shares Disturbing Nagasaki Image as a Warning Against War
- National Catholic Register Bloggers (Joseph Pronechen) >> Fatima’s Sr. Lucia and John Paul II: Why Every Family Should Be a Holy Family
- National Catholic Register Bloggers (Angelo Stagnaro) >> The Joys of Not Understanding the Mass
- New Liturgical Movement (Gregory DiPippo) >> Tonsure, Minor Orders and Subdiaconal Ordination in Fréjus-Toulon
- The American Catholic (Donald R. McClarey) >> Make the Sign of the Cross, and Go In!
- The Catholic Thing (Rev. Jerry J. Pokorsky) >> A Fresh Start for 2018
- The Imaginative Conservative (Robert Higgason) >> Can We Have a Happy New Year?
- The Wanderer Newspaper (Dexter Duggan) >> To Complement Pregnant Reporters . . . Why Not Have Photos Of Unborn Babies In Press Room?
- The Wanderer Newspaper (Raymond De Souza, KM) >> The Sacraments Instituted By Christ… What Is “Confirmation”?
- The Wanderer Newspaper (Donald DeMarco) >> The Limits Of Equality
- Views From the Choir Loft (Fr. David Friel) >> USCCB Assesses Impact of “Magnum Principium”
- Vultus Christi (Benedictine Monks of Perpetual Adoration) >> Adoring the Silence of the Word
O, God We Praise Thee / Te Deum
O God, we praise Thee: we acknowledge Thee to be the Lord.
Thee, the Father, all the earth doth worship.
To Thee all the Angels, the Heavens and all the Powers,
To Thee the Cherubim and Seraphim cry out without ceasing:
Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God of Hosts!
Full are the Heavens and the earth of the majesty of Thy glory.
The glorious choir of the Apostles praises Thee,
The admirable company of Prophets praises Thee,
the white-robed army of Martyrs, praise Thee.
Thee, the Holy Church throughout the world doth confess:
The Father of infinite Majesty;
Thy adorable, true and only Son;
Also the Holy Ghost, the Comforter.
Thou, O Christ, are the King of glory!
Thou art the everlasting Son of the Father.
Thou, having taken it upon Thyself to deliver man, didst not disdain the Virgin's womb.
Thou, having overcome the sting of death, hast opened to believers the Kingdom of Heaven.
Thou sittest at the right hand of God, in the glory of the Father.
Thou, we believe, art the Judge to come.
We beseech Thee, therefore, to help Thy servants whom Thou hast redeemed with Thy Precious Blood.
Make them to be numbered with Thy Saints in everlasting glory.
O Lord, save Thy people, and bless Thine inheritance!
And govern them, and exalt them forever.
Day by day we bless Thee
And we praise Thy Name forever: yea, forever and ever.
Vouchsafe, O Lord, this day to keep us without sin.
Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us.
Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, for we have trusted in Thee.
O Lord, in Thee I have trusted; let me not be counfounded forever.
V. Blessed art Thou, O Lord, the God of our fathers.
R. And worthy to be praised and glorified for ever.
V. Let us bless the Father and the Son, with the Holy Ghost.
R. Let us praise and magnify Him for ever.
Post a Comment