Skip to main content
Evening Roundup - St. Andrew Avellino, Confessor - SS. Tryphonis, Respicius & Nympha, Virgin, Martyrs - November 10th, 2014
- ABYSSUS ABYSSUM INVOCAT / DEEP CALLS TO DEEP >> RAYMOND CARDINAL BURKE SPEAKS ABOUT THE FAMOUS BOOK OPPOSING CARDINAL KASPER
- Catholic Stand (Melanie Jean Juneau) >> Living The Pro-Life Blessing
- Catholic Stand (Howard Duncan) >> The Attractiveness of the Christian Message
- Charlotte was Both (Amy Welborn) >> Found in the wild
- Creative Minority Report (Matthew Archbold) >> Good News. Obama Promises Gov't Oversight of Internet. What Could Go Wrong?
- Daily Meditations with Fr. Alfonse >> Lk 17:1-6 Blessed The Little Ones, Like Popes
- Da Mihi Animas (Padre Steve) >> Chesty Puller and Catholic Chaplains ("Stories began to cluster about him. When he was first shown a flame thrower he supposedly asked, 'Where do you mount the bayonet?' Advised that his unit was surrounded he replied: 'All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time.' On an inspection tour of a Marine unit he became exasperated at the lack of spirit he saw and finally said,'Take me to the Brig. I want to see the real Marines!' During the Chosin campaign in Korea when the Marines were fighting their way to the coast through several Communist Chinese corps he captured the tactical situation succinctly: 'Retreat! Hell, we’re just attacking in a different direction.' Little surprise that Marine Drill Instructors at Parris Island still have their boots sing good night to Chesty Puller some four decades after his death...Puller was an Episcopalian. However he made no secret that he greatly admired Navy Catholic chaplains who served with the Marines, and had little use, with certain honorable exceptions, for the Navy Protestant chaplains sent to the Corps. His reasons were simple. The Catholic chaplains were without fear, always wanted to be with the troops in combat, and the men idolized them for their courage and their willingness, even eagerness, to stand with them during their hour of trial.")
- Da Mihi Animas (Padre Steve) >> Mother Teresa's Description of Jesus
- Dominicana Blog (Br. Isaac Augustine Morales, O.P.) >> St. Thomas and Catholic Social Teaching
- Fr Ray Blake's Blog >> Red Rags and the Order of Malta
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> “Martinmass” by John Clare
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Good comments on Card. Burke and on a serious translation error
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> A palindrome for St. Martin’s Day
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> Happy 239th Birthday, Marines!
- Fr. Z's Blog (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf) >> ¡VIVA LA SOTANA! A video about …
- Human Exceptionalism (National Review Online; Wesley J. Smith) >> Obamacarian Says American Voters are Stupid
- Insight Scoop | The Ignatius Press Blog (Carl Olson) >> The Catholic Difference
- Musings of a Pertinacious Papist >> Cdl Burke a "schismatic" for criticizing the Pope?? Please.
- New Liturgical Movement (Peter Kwasniewski) >> Organic: Endangered
- New Liturgical Movement (Fr. Augustine Thompson, O.P.) >> Regular Dominican Rite Mass in Rome
- New Liturgical Movement (Jennifer Donelson) >> Sacra Liturgia USA 2015 - June 1-4, 2015, New York - Save the Date!
- OnePeterFive (Steve Skojec) >> Preparing for the Hour of Death (Excellent!)
- Patrick Archbold (NC Register) >> Our Lady of America: A Light in the Darkness
- Pursued by Truth (Sr. Theresa Aletheia Noble, FSP) >> The Beauty of a Tattooed Monk
- RORATE CÆLI (Richard Cipolla) >> Bizarre Silence on Muslim Persecution from a Very Talkative Rome
- RORATE CÆLI (Peter Kwasniewski) >> O Beauty Ever-Ancient, Ever-New
- The Cloistered Heart (Nancy Shuman) >> These Heroic Stones
- The Foundry (Kelsey Harris) >> 37 Extraordinary Photos of the U.S. Marine Corps in Action
- Traditional Catholic Priest (Fr. Peter Carota) >> Antichrist As Foretold By The Virgin Mary At La Salette France
- Whispers in the Loggia (Rocco Palmo) >> Live from "Opening Day"
Post a Comment